Eleven O’Clock Antiques (Heavy Sigh)

by Becky on March 11, 2013 · 6 comments

in Design, Travel

IMG_5285

So if you’ve been on my little blog over the last couple of days, you’ve noticed I’m doing some spring cleaning (which may continue for a while).  I like the idea of blog-as-house, a place where we all pull up a chair and visit. Seemed like I needed to put some things away, however (like my banner).  And create some room.

On the theme of making room for something new (or old), I thought I’d give you a peek at a fabulous place we found over the weekend.  Lucked onto it Saturday afternoon and went back this morning to meet the owners, who scour the country (literally) looking for unusual antiques and vintage pieces.  And there were so many! Like these vintage letters. Such fun.

IMG_5240

Or these antique spools and other ephemera? Just the colors make me happy!

IMG_5345

Miss Lavender is currently into vintage suitcases. She hasn’t seen this one yet.

IMG_5268

Old windows abounded. One of the owners makes a practice of sanding them down–just to remove splinters–then replacing the glass with mirrors.

IMG_5292

Be fun to find a naked wall and hang this one, yeah?

IMG_5261

Or clean out a cupboard and find a home for some vintage ceramic dinnerware?

IMG_5283

This was a personal favorite. I’ve never seen mid-century doll furniture before! So groovy!

IMG_5228

This beautiful old trunk really killed me: the detailing . . . the overall fabulousness.

IMG_5319

But this one did it. Miss Lavender has a box collection. (Can you tell what’s going through my head?)

IMG_5175

So many corners to poke around in!

IMG_5396

Run by five friends and longtime antiques dealers, this little cooperative has no name! But if you’re in Barcelona, find the warehouse at 588 Carrer del Consell de Cent (two doors north of Carrer del Dos de Maig).  Or ring us up, and we’ll walk you down (by way of a favorite patisserie, of course).

Tami Holmes March 11, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Oh SO fun!!! That little box is darling :) Just one of the many reasons I would love to come visit…sigh…xoxo

Becky March 12, 2013 at 1:15 am

Miss Tami! The box . . . I know, right? You should have felt it! Very tempting. Love you to bits. xx

Karen L March 12, 2013 at 9:12 am

Oh, ditto that heavy sigh! It is all so lovely and old and European! What a great find.

I like the new look of the blog. Liked it the old way too, but I fully understand needing/wanting change. Sometimes just having empty space is nice. It gives you room to breath.

Becky March 12, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Karen! Wish you could come along when I wander. Half the fun of discovery is having an appreciative companion to share it with. You’d love this antique district, I think. But then the realization is . . . oops, gotta get this home?? (I’m thinking of that great trunk!) You’ll have to tell me about some of the great haunts you frequent. They’re always around, those little places we might otherwise miss. xx

Courtney March 15, 2013 at 8:41 pm

What fun! I love the old windows…And all of the colors! Speaking of colors, love the color of your hair! :)

Becky March 16, 2013 at 1:57 am

Those windows . . . I know, right? Kills me when I see stuff just begging for a wall or a corner or a surface on which to sit . . . and I realize I’d have to ship it. (And the hair: luckily, there’s remediation back in HB, in the form of a scissors and color whiz named Jennifer. But you’re very kind nonetheless.) xx